This is an easy-to-update button, but it’s geared towards products. They only need to enter the PayPal URL.
This is harder to update, but would correctly be a donate button with a donation amount field on PayPal. The link needs to be pulled from their PayPal account.
- Go to the Business Setup Center
- Scroll to Online Payments, click “Create a payment button”.
- Choose Donations from the dropdown
- Fill in the other fields
- DO NOT check the box next to any of the customization options, like drop-down menus or text fields. If you select any of those checkboxes, you’ll generate a button that you won’t be able to use on WordPress.com.
- Click Create Button
- Copy the code from the “Email” tab, not “Website”
- Copy the following code where you want the button, and replace “URL” with the code from PayPal